is proud to offer training designed for community members, professionals, students, first responders (including law enforcement, medical, fire, etc.) and frontline workers in our region.
Sessions are facilitated by professional, skilled, and enthusiastic instructors with decades of training and experience, making this training invaluable.
To achieve a Crisis Response Management certificate, you must complete the required six core courses, plus a minimum of 12 hours of elective courses of your choosing. All courses must be taken through Pace for credit towards the certificate.
- Crisis Intervention & Communication Skills
- Cross Cultural Awareness
- First Responders to Sexual Assault & Sexual Abuse
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST)
- Children & Trauma and Grief and Loss (as one full day together)
- Mental Health First Aid
Full day (Optional):
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Leading Change: Gender-Based Violence & The Active Bystander Approach
- Healthy Youth Relationships
- Awareness of Self Harming Behavior
- The Costs of Empathy
Half day (Optional):
- Sexual Harassment and Assault
- Professional Boundaries
Through a partnership with the Grande Prairie Regional College, these workshops count for Category A credits
with the Alberta College of Social Workers.
View or download the Fall 2019 Crisis Response Management Brochure PDF HERE
To register or for further information, please contact GPRC Continuing Education
or see the following courses below: