Foundations of Leadership Certificate Program
Foundations of Leadership Certificate
(formerly ALFA Business Leadership Certificate)
The Foundations of Leadership Certificate program is designed to empower new and prospective leaders with the skills required to be effective in today’s contemporary workplaces. Courses include a dynamic mix of lecture, case study, and team project work. Following completion of the program’s core courses, the program’s elective courses will allow you to customize your Foundations of Leadership program to meet personal and career goals. If you have previously taken courses in the ALFA Certificate program, they are fully transferable to the Foundations of Leadership Certificate program.
Also, if you have registered in and completed a Disney Business Institute workshop through GPRC, you can apply for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) for an elective course in the Foundations of Leadership Certificate program.
Participants must successfully complete at least six courses; three core courses and three elective courses. Program requirements must be completed prior to requesting your certificate of completion. You can also opt to take any of these courses as a stand-alone course and learn valuable leadership and workplace skills!
· Participants must complete all coursework within three years.
· Participants must successfully complete an evaluation of learning in each of the program’s courses.
- LED01 – Leadership Essentials
- LED18 – Communications and Human Resources
- LED30 – Supervision Fundamentals
Note: This Program is Available by Video Conference at GPRC Hinton & Fairview Campuses.
- LED06 – Accounting Skills for New Supervisors
- LED07 – Negotiating for Results
- LED08 – Speaking and Presenting with Confidence
- LED12 – Assertiveness & Conflict Resolution
- LED13 – Decision-Making, Problem-Solving & Creativity
- LED14 – Fostering Diversity & Respect in the Workplace
- LED15 – Developing Effective Teams
- LED17 – Performance Management
Courses in the 'Foundations of Leadership Certificate Program' category