Foundations of Leadership Program
The Foundations of Leadership Program is designed to empower new and prospective leaders with the skills required to be effective in today’s contemporary workplaces. Students will explore topics in Leadership Essentials, Fundamentals of Supervision, and Communications and Human Resources. Following completion of the program's core courses, the program’s elective courses will allow students to customize their Foundations of Leadership Program to meet their personal and career goals.
- Participants must successfully complete all program requirements prior to requesting their certificate of completion.
- Students may seek advanced standing in GPRC programs following the completion of the program through a prior learning assessment (PLAR).
Participants must succesfully complete at least six courses; three core courses and three elective courses.Courses include a dynamic mix of lecture, case study, and team project work.
- Participants must complete all coursework within three years.
- Participants must successfully complete an exam or course project in each of the program's courses.
- LED01 – Leadership Essentials
- LED30 – Supervision Fundamentals
- LED18 – Communications and Human Resources
Note: This Program is Available by Video Conference at GPRC Hinton & Fairview Campuses.
- LED11 – Advanced Leadership
- LED12 – Assertiveness & Conflict Resolution
- LED13 – Decision-Making, Problem-Solving & Creative Thinking
- LED14 – Fostering Diversity & Respect in the Workplace
- LED15 – Developing Effective Teams
- LED16 – Performance & Productivity Management
- LED17 – Performance Management
- LED03 – Challenging Personalities
- LED19 – Understanding Anger
Courses in the 'Foundations of Leadership Program' category