Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Grande Prairie Regional College is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus COVID-19. The Province of Alberta declared a state of emergency under the Public Health Act on Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
GPRC is taking guidance from public health agencies at the local, provincial and federal level. These agencies are closely monitoring the outbreak, conducting surveillance and appropriate laboratory testing, and providing public health and infection-control guidance.
Please note that misinformation about the coronavirus is circulating on social media. For accurate information, please visit the Alberta government’s website.
Symptoms and Precautions
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 4:00pm MST
What Does this Mean for GPRC Students?
- GPRC has a Frequently Asked Questions page that is updated regularly, and a central e-mail address for students and the public. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GPRC has made the difficult decision to cancel the Grande Prairie campus Convocation scheduled for May 2, 2020.
- While we had hoped the event could proceed, the reality is we anticipate the public health measures necessary to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, to continue for the weeks to come.
- This is very disappointing, but it is important we support the work underway across the province to prevent the spread of illness.
- To our students, GPRC extends its sincere thank you for your understanding as well as our congratulations on your accomplishments.
- Although GPRC’s Convocation ceremonies have been cancelled, students who are planning on finishing their certificate or diploma this semester must still apply to graduate, so their transcripts are correct.
- Log into your myGPRC account, click “My Courses” and “Graduation”, check the appropriate box(es) and complete the form.
- We recommend you apply as soon as you are confident you will complete all of your courses successfully.
- GPRC adjusted its course withdraw period.
- Students can withdraw from a course on or before Wednesday, April 8, 2020 and receive a ‘W’ on their transcript.
- Students who withdrew on Monday, March 16, 2020 or after will now receive a ‘W’ on their transcript.
- GPRC did not adjust its Grading Systems as part of its response to COVID-19.
- This direction is consistent with that taken by the majority of post-secondary institutions in the province.
- We are confident in our faculty’s abilities to continue with the letter grade system and students will receive grades that accurately reflect their work and achievement in their courses.
- GPRC Residences currently remain open. Students who are able to go home are being strongly encouraged to do so. Please check in with Residence staff before your departure.
- Students who remain in residence will be expected to uphold strict social distancing guidelines as determined by residence staff in consultation with public health agencies.
- Final exams will take place online or by other distance means during the scheduled April 15 - 25, 2020 exam period.
- GPRC continues to work with its partner, Finning Canada, on student placement experiences for ThinkBIG Service Technician Diploma students.
- All GPRC employees are now working from home.
- GPRC buildings on both campuses are now closed with limited access.
Employee and Student Travel
Visitors to Campus
Friday, March 27, 2020 3:15pm MST
Thursday, March 26, 2020 5:45pm MST
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:15pm MST
Monday, March 23, 2020 3:10pm MST
Friday, March 20, 2020 2:30pm MST
Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:30pm MST
Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:26pm MST
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 4:30pm MST
Monday, March 16, 2020 4:50pm MST
Sunday, March 15, 2020 6:30pm MST
Sunday, March 15, 2020 3:00pm MST
Friday, March 13, 2020 4:00pm MST
Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:00pm MST
All inquiries from the public or students: