Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, GPRC is taking guidance from public health agencies at the local, provincial and federal levels. For accurate information, please visit the Government of Alberta website.
PLEASE NOTE: GPRC students and employees experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms while on campus should please mask up, sanitize hands and leave GPRC premises immediately. Please contact Health Link 811 and adhere to the following guidelines:
GPRC's Relaunch Strategy adheres to the Government of Alberta and the Chief Medical Officer of Health's orders to mitigate risk. Post-secondary institutions continue to be encouraged to deliver classes remotely and limit in-person attendance. Read the Guidance for Post-Secondary Institutions report here.
Tuesday, February 2, 2021 12:45pm MST
The following restrictions are in place until further notice is received by the Government of Alberta.
- Spring/Summer 2021 course delivery will continue through the mixed delivery model to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students.
- Mandatory mask wearing in public spaces is required, except when working alone in an office or a safely distanced cubicle or an appropriate barrier is in place. Instructors can unmask while teaching, but must wear their mask before and after. Students must wear masks at all times in indoor areas of the College, including in the classrooms, laboratory rooms, and shop spaces.
- Group studying is not allowed except in situations where two or more students must be physically present for the purpose of practice or a practical activity.
- Students who must come within two metres of each other for practice, rehearsal, or study must wear a mask, even if they are outdoors.
- Any GPRC student, staff or faculty member who has travelled outside of Alberta must follow travel rules upon re-entering the province.
- No indoor social gatherings are permitted.
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to 10 people.
- All GPRC students, faculty and staff are encouraged to study and work from home when it is possible to do so. Those who are required to be on campus are encouraged to return home upon the end of class and limit time spent on campus.
- Students, faculty and staff required to be on-campus, must fill out the mandatory screening process via the GPRC mobile app. If the screening process is not completed, access to College buildings will be immediately denied, and follow-up action will be required to obtain future access accommodations.
- The Bookstore will be open to GPRC students, staff and faculty by appointment only for in-person transactions. Appointments are booked through the GPRC mobile app. Those picking up online book orders should wait for a confirmation email before making an appointment.
- The Learning Commons space remains closed until further notice.
- GPRC students staying in residence must be aware of and adhere to all residence protocols.
- GPRC Campus Access Guidelines and Expectations remain in place.
- GPRC has a Frequently Asked Questions page that is updated regularly, and a central e-mail address for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Symptoms and Precautions
Employee and Student Travel
Visitors to Campus
All inquiries from the public or students