Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, GPRC is taking guidance from public health agencies at the local, provincial and federal levels. For accurate information, please visit the Government of Alberta website.
Employees who are self-isolating must register online.
GPRC's Relaunch Strategy adheres to the Government of Alberta and the Chief Medical Officer of Health's orders to mitigate risk. Post-secondary institutions continue to be encouraged to deliver classes remotely and limit in-person attendance. Read the Guidance for Post-Secondary Institutions report here.
Thursday, June 25, 2020 4:15pm MST
- GPRC's Fall 2020 semester will be delivered through a mixed delivery model, encompassing remote delivery for most lecture and seminar components with onsite face-to-face delivery of lab components where needed.
- Course Listings for method of delivery have been finalized. The Registrar's office is currently updating the Course Timetable to indicate section delivery method, clearly distinguishing online delivery (asynchronous), remote delivery (synchronous), and onsite delivery methods.
- Virtual Convocation will be released at 9 a.m. on Friday, June 26, 2020. View details and send well wishes to the 2020 graduates at gprc.me/convocation.
- GPRC premises on both campuses remain closed with limited access. Campus Access Guidelines and Expectations will be shared once finalized.
- This includes the fitness facilities and Douglas J. Cardinal Performing Arts Centre.
- GPRC Summer Camps are also cancelled.
- Access to these facilities will be reassessed for the fall.
- A guiding principle behind this decision is to ensure protection of the health and wellbeing of GPRC's students, faculty, staff and community as we do our best to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- GPRC is implementing mandatory health and safety protocols at both the Grande Prairie and Fairview campuses, including a screening process via the GPRC mobile app.
- Faculty or staff seeking access to campus who have travelled outside of Alberta will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please stay up to date and follow the current Government of Alberta health guidelines and isolation requirements.
- Faculty have started to work with instructional designers from D2L and Athabasca University to develop a number of online courses. This important work will increase the accessibility of GPRC programming to current and future students.
- The campus bookstores are working to prepare for the Fall 2020 semester. Once students know their courses, they are encouraged to visit www.gprcshop.ca to order their books online. Details regarding access to the bookstores in the Fall will be shared once finalized.
- The Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) has cancelled the Fall 2020 athletic season. GPRC supports this decision. The wellbeing of our GPRC Wolves community is a top priority as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Plans are currently underway for the Grande Prairie and Fairview residences to open at reduced occupancy in September 2020. Detailed plans are being refined to ensure the protection of our students.
- GPRC is part of a taskforce to support COVID-19 economic recovery efforts along with our partners Comprehensive Community Colleges across Alberta. Watch the full video here.
- The GPRC Cares initiative continues as staff aid with food donations, food drop offs and writing letters to seniors. Follow the initiative through #GPRCCares on our social media channels to learn more.
- GPRC's recruitment team continues to work with departments in creating ways for current and future students to connect, ask questions and learn information about attending College.
- Live chat is available on our GPRC website.
- A list of free webinars is constantly being updated to help you decide on your next education or career step at gprc.me/ExperienceGPRC.
- GPRC has a Frequently Asked Questions page that is updated regularly, and a central e-mail address for questions: email@example.com.
Symptoms and Precautions
Employee and Student Travel
Visitors to Campus
All inquiries from the public or students