June 14, 2021
Effective today, GPRC's Learning Commons on both the Grande Prairie and Fairview campuses will reopen under new conditions in accordance with the GOA Open For Summer Plan. Please note the following important details:
- Books can be requested online and picked up using the Holds Pickup/Return booking options. To return books, please use the book drop in the hallway outside of the Learning Commons. Book returns will continue to have a three-day quarantine period.
- Access to study spaces, computers, scanners, and printers for in-person use will be available by booking an appointment online.
- Patrons will need to present their GPRC student ID card or other ID for in-person access.
- Tutoring, accessibility supports, research sessions, and exam accommodations will remain virtual and by appointment.
- Operating hours may be a little different. Please visit our Learning Commons webpage for the most up to date hours of operation.
For full information on GPRC's response to COVID-19, please vist gprc.me/COVID-19
The Learning Commons is the academic heart of GPRC; a place to engage, learn, and discover. We offer supports to help faculty and students engage in teaching, learning and research, all in one place! Our team of librarians and academic support professionals offer a multitude of services including, but not limited to academic coaching, assistive technology, exam accommodations, skills building, and testing centre.
All Learning Commons services are available for student access in the upcoming fall semester. Most services, including Learning Commons Instruction, Research Consultations, Academic Success Centre and Accessibility Services, are available through online support, via email, online chat, or by phone at 780-539-2939.
Students or faculty who would like to check out print materials must first place the item on hold through the NEOS Catalogue and then schedule a time to pick up the hold once it becomes available. For other in-person learning supports such as accommodated testing, tutoring, or research help, please make an appointment through the GPRC mobile app.
Students attending on-campus instruction, who, due to scheduling issues, require the use of Learning Commons space or computers to attend remote classes, retrieve materials, or print assignments, will be able to book access times to ZOOM rooms using the GPRC mobile app. Additional computers and space outside the Learning Commons will also be available for booking through the app.
To find our more about the supports offered through our Learning Commons, please contact: