In 2019 the Safe Spaces Working Team was formed to inform College Policy and advocate for LGBTQQIAAP2S+* students. Part of this initiative is to better serve the LGBTQQIAAP2S+* community by educating students, staff and faculty with important information. Our goal is to help new and returning students navigate the post-secondary system as it pertains the their diverse sexual and gender identities.
*Our community recognizes that there are many different labels and terms for individual identities within the queer community. We respect the right of each individual to choose terms that best represent their individual identity. The acronym we use is important – it provides representation to individuals who have historically experienced erasure. By adding the plus sign to our acronym we hope to express a willingness to learn, add, and grow, rather than to limit one’s identity options or to continue to contribute to the erasure of specific identities. If you do not feel represented by our acronym, please reach out to email@example.com to let us know. We are open to growth and to learning.
Safe Spaces for Students
Gender neutral washrooms are located at J205 and J215.
- Preferred Name Change with GPRC
- Done through the Student Services Registration Desk, prior to the start of the term
- Changes your name on Student ID, Moodle, and course rosters
- Legal Name Change with GPRC
- Complete this form and submit to the Student Services Registration Desk
- This will change your name in all locations (Financial Aid, Transcripts etc.)
- You must have your legal name changed prior to requesting that GPRC change your legal name
- How to change your legal name in Alberta
- How to change your sex indicator on your Alberta birth record
For information about how we can help you, please email SafeSpaces@gprc.ab.ca