Children's Centre Demonstration Daycare
GPRC’s Children's Centre Demonstration Daycare is one of 22 Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Centres across Alberta.
Starting August 28, 2017, we will offer:
- Capped parent fees at $25/day care
- Inclusive supports for children with diverse needs,
- A full-time program that runs 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Children’s Centre Demonstration Daycare has two rooms. One room for children ages 19-36 months and another for 3– 5 year olds with spaces that will meet the needs of the following families:
16 full-time spaces for 3-5 year olds
- 4 - Children’s Centre parents (in the current program)
- 4 - GPRC Students
- 4 - Single Parent families
- 4 - Public
12 full-time spaces for 19-36 month olds
- 3 - Children’s Centre parents (in the current program)
- 3 - GPRC Students
- 3 - Single Parent families
- 3 - Public
To apply for a spot in our Daycare, please email Edith Mongrain or call 780.539.2983
Our program uses an evidence-based child care curriculum framework. This program was developed by early learning and child care educators, early childhood academics, government, and professionals working in related fields. It is designed to foster improved early childhood development outcomes so your child can get the best possible start to life.
The program will also provide GPRC Early Learning Child Care program students on-campus, hands-on experiences.
GPRC’s Children's Centre Demonstration Daycare is part of the government’s Pilot Project, Creating New Spaces Grant. The three-year pilot project will be reviewed once complete to determine if it is meeting the needs of GPRC students.