Forest Industry Off Highway Truck Driver Training Opportunity (WOLF1)
Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) in cooperation with Alberta Human Services, Ainsworth Engineered Canada LP, Weyerhaeuser Canada, the GP Log Haul Trucking Driver Alliance, and Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) are offering an exciting opportunity to obtain Class 1 driver training in the forest industry.
The program includes two components: a classroom component and a work experience component.
- The classroom component involves theory-based knowledge that will prepare the clients to obtain their Class 1 driver’s license. Additionally this component will include essential skills training and safety certification.
- The work experience component will provide specific hands-on training, driving loaded log trucks on off-highway roads with a local trucking contractor.
Successful participants will obtain their Class 1 driver’s license and take part in a work experience program with one of Grande Prairie’s local contractors. Continued employment following the program may be provided at the discretion of the trucking contractors.
Eligible learners will meet the following criteria:
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License with the graduated license conditions removed
- Complete a Class 1 driver’s medical exam
- Pass an Alberta Government knowledge test for Driving as a Profession
- Produce a current driver abstract with a maximum of 6 demerits
- Successful completion of a drug test
Intake dates are August 15th and August 29th. Applications are being accepted now!
For more information or to submit a resume, contact:
Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF)