Aquatics Environmental Technologist
Saturday, September 27th, 2014
||Matrix Solutions Inc.
||August 27th, 2014
||August 27th, 2014
Matrix Solutions Inc. is a 100% Canadian-owned environmental and engineering consulting company specializing in providing practical solutions to our clients, both domestically and internationally.
Over the years, Matrix has expanded both our service and geographical base and has become a recognized leader in:
- environmental and social impact assessments and audits;
- environmental management, planning and regulatory compliance;
- environmental site assessment, remediation and reclamation;
- environmental monitoring;
- hydrology and hydrotechnical engineering; and
- overburden characterization and oil sands delineation.
Our client base includes all levels of government; upstream and downstream oil and gas; mining; power; forestry; agriculture; manufacturing; and commercial developments.
Our Grande Prairie office is seeking Aquatics Environmental Technologists to join our growing team.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in construction monitoring and a wide variety of water quality, hydrology, limnology and aquatics projects
- Perform a variety of fieldwork including:
- Fisheries, water quality and limnology assessments
- Water quality sampling
- Benthic invertebrate sampling
- Flow measurements and hydrometric monitoring
- Bathymetric surveys
- Liaise with clients and regulatory agencies
- Participate in appropriate safety training to meet the requirements of the client and project needs
- Contribute to report production including data entry
- Work with talented multidisciplinary teams of aquatic scientists, fisheries biologists, and hydrologists
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Aquatics, Environment or Water Resource Management
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a directly related role
- Previous Consulting work experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Alberta’s ecosystems
- Knowledge of environmental regulations for Alberta
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physically able to meet the demands of fieldwork in all types of weather conditions
- An unrestricted class 5 drivers license
This is primarily a field-based position with travel to remote locations. The travel excursions may often extend up to two weeks.
Matrix Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes an employee share-ownership program, profit share, employer RSP contributions, and an education fund. But that is only a fraction of what it means to work here! We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, cross-training opportunities, and rewarding our star performers.
If you think this opportunity is right for you, please submit your resume to www.matrix-solutions.com/careers/career-portal.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Alcohol and Drug Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to alcohol and drug testing.