Thursday, September 25th, 2014
||August 26th, 2014
||September 5th, 2014
Junior Staff Accountant
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins - and ends - with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Want to be part of a dynamic team interacting directly with clients offering a breadth of expertise, innovative thinking and valuable insights? BDO Canada LLP is currently recruiting Staff Accountants, to join our team of client service professionals. As the successful candidate, you will work closely with experienced team members who will mentor and guide you - ensuring you deliver client service excellence while gaining essential industry experience. With our low Partner to employee ratio, you will collaborate directly with our Partners and begin building the professional career you always wanted.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Report to the senior any matters encountered that may adversely affect the outcome of the audit.
- Draft notes to financial statements and gather management letter points
- Summarize agreements/documents; identify all relevant points
- Complete the tax matters schedule where it relates to your section of the file
- Initiate discussions with the senior to make him/her aware of the status of your sections
- Accumulate questions for the client and discuss them with the senior
- Clear all review notes on a timely basis and ensure they are complete
- Prepare a list of outstanding issues for each of your sections of the file and indicate a follow up plan
- Perform tests of transactions to verify audit assertions
- Other duties to be performed as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working towards completion of the CA designation
- Strong accounting and auditing skills
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview an asset
- 0-1 year experience in Audit
Office Location: Grande Prairie
Positions Available: 2
Start Date: May 2015
How to Apply:
This opportunity will be available for you to apply on September 20. Please visit www.bdo.ca/careers
- Resume and Cover Letter: Please upload your resume and cover letter together as one file in the Resume upload field when building your application profile on our website. The system does not allow you to upload multiple documents.
- Transcript: Please upload your transcript to the additional files upload field when building your application profile.
Application Deadline: All applications must be received no later than 11:59pm on September 25th, 2014
Visit Us on Campus
For BDO events, visit our Campus Calendar for details and connect with your campus Career Centre.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.