Temporary Project Technologist
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
||County of Grande Prairie
||August 8th, 2014
||August 8th, 2014
County of Grande Prairie No. 1
One of the fastest growing regions in the country, the County of Grande Prairie balances small town living with all the big city amenities. Located in Northwestern Alberta, approximately 460 kilometers northwest of Edmonton and 160 kilometers east of the Rocky Mountains, the County encompasses the City of Grande Prairie, three towns, one village, five hamlets and several country residential communities. Horse Lake First Nation, a Federal Indian Reserve, is also located within the County boundaries. The region offers a wide variety of recreational, educational, sports and cultural opportunities ideal for families and people of all ages. The growing economy of this region is supported mainly by the agriculture, oil & gas, forestry, manufacturing, construction and tourism industries. For more information, please visit www.countygp.ab.ca
TEMPORARY PROJECT TECHNOLOGIST, PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION
Salary: $64,790-$92,270 annually based on a 40 hour work week
Term: Approximately October 2014-October 2015
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
This temporary full-time position is responsible for providing technical support services and a broad range of engineering functions related to infrastructure maintenance.
Typical duties include:
- project management of assigned Public Works projects from design through to completion including project scope definition, option analysis, tendering, field supervision of construction tasks, verification of work and quantities, contract administration, and commissioning as required;
- investigate, assess and make technical recommendations to Public Works and other County departments regarding all aspects of traffic management, including intersections, signage, pedestrian movement and crossings, parking, road markings, temporary construction detour plans, and other related matters;
- technical review of engineering studies, design submissions, and drawings as related to municipal infrastructure;
- provide pre-construction and construction services including the development of preliminary budgets, cost plans, and engineering exercises;
- oversee the tendering and contracting process through to making recommendations of award to Council; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering or a related discipline.
- ARC GIS and Survey field experience.
- Professional membership in or ability to become a member of the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) is considered an asset.
- Experience administering and supervising contracts would be an asset.
- Class 5 drivers license with acceptable drivers abstract required.
For further information about the job, please contact Shane Kessler, Construction Manager, at (780) 532-7393.
For a copy of the job description and to apply on-line please visit www.countygp.ab.ca
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m., August 22, 2014 or until suitable applicants are found.
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Coordinator
County of Grande Prairie
Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0
780-532-9709 (confidential fax)