Dental Office Certificate Loading...
This program is currently under review, and will not be accepting students for the 2020-2021 academic year.
This intensive 20-week full-time program is designed to prepare graduates for a future in dental office administration. Dental office assistants play a vital role in workplace settings by managing clients and information flow. Students graduating from this program can look forward to working in a dentist or dental specialist office.
Students are required to present a high school Diploma with:
- Minimum of 60% in English 30-1 or 65% in English 30-2 and
- 50% in Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2
Students without high school diploma requirements may have their application assessed on an individual basis.
Students who have completed a Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration or Unit Clerk within the last three years will normally receive advanced credit in the Dental Office Certificate program for OA1030, OA1215, OA1231, and OA1365.
First Year (20 Credits)
- OA1030 Business Communications I (3)
- OA1231 Skill Building I (1.5)
- OA1215 Canadian Office Procedures (3)
- OA1365 Introduction to Software Applications (3)
- OA1510 Dental Sciences Terminology (1)
- OA1520 Dental Office Procedures (3)
- OA1530 Dental Care and Third Party Billing (1.5)
- OA1540 Dental Office Work Experience (4)
In order to be eligible for the work experience at the end of the program (OA1540), students will need to present passing grades in OA1030, OA1215, OA1231, and OA1365 and a minimum C+ (2.3 GPA) in OA1510, OA1520, and OA1530.
Students may be required to attend their Dental Office Work Experience outside of Grande Prairie.
To be eligible to receive a Dental Office Certificate, students must successfully complete the prescribed curriculum. Once students have completed all program requirements, they may apply to graduate.