Dental Office Clerk Certificate Loading...
This intensive 20-week full-time program is designed to prepare you for a future in the dental health care field in dental offices. Dental office clerks play a vital role in workplace settings by managing clients and information flow. Students graduating from this program can look forward to working in a dentist and dental specialists office.
Students are required to present a high school Diploma with:
- Minimum of 60% in English 30-1 or 65% in English 30-2 and
- 50% in Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2
Students without high school diploma requirements may have their application assessed on an individual basis.
Students who have completed a Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration or Unit Clerk within the last three years will normally receive advanced credit in the Dental Office Clerk program for OA1030, OA1215, OA1231, and OA1365.
First Year (20 Credits)
- OA1030 Business Communications I (3)
- OA1231 Skill Building I (1.5)
- OA1215 Canadian Office Procedures (3)
- OA1365 Introduction to Software Applications (3)
- OA1510 Dental Sciences Terminology (1)
- OA1520 Dental Office Procedures (3)
- OA1530 Dental Care and Third Party Billing (1.5)
- OA1540 Dental Office Work Experience (4)
In order to be eligible for the work experience at the end of the program (OA1540), students will need to present passing grades in OA1030, OA1215, OA1231, and OA1365 and a minimum C+ (2.3 GPA) in OA1510, OA1520, and OA1530.
Students may be required to attend their Dental Office Work Experience outside of Grande Prairie.
To be eligible to receive a Certificate in Dental Office Clerk, students must successfully complete the prescribed curriculum. Once you have completed all program requirements, please apply to graduate.