Student Research Award - Receive $5K to do research at GPRC!
Information sessions for students interested in applying for the award will take place on:
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Room E305 Grande Prairie Campus
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Room E304 Grande Prairie Campus
If you’re looking to gain hands-on experience in your field of study, work with experts in your field, build your professional network and stack your resume before graduating, start with the $5,000 Student Research Award!
To be considered, complete the application form (below) and submit it to GPRC Research and Innovation on or before April 13, 2019. Expert faculty mentorship will also be available to winners of this award as they execute their projects.
Examples of self-directed research projects that may be eligible to receive the Student Research Award:
Student Research Awards are intended to:
- Pure and applied research projects (sciences, humanities, trades, technology, etc.)
- Creative writing, musical compositions, or artistic works
- Business planning and entrepreneurship
- Technology development
- Assisting a faculty member with a research initiative
Click here to download and print the application form.
- Cultivate and support research partnerships between undergraduate students and faculty members.
- Develop positive working relationships
- Provide students with meaningful summer employment
- Provide applied learning experiences solving real world problems
- Allow students to explore career opportunities in the research environment and investigate and learn more about an area of interest
Scan and email completed forms to email@example.com
or drop them off at Student Services.
We encourage students to come talk to us if they have an interest but are not sure where to start, are unsure whether their project is suitable or need help finding a mentor. Email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 780-357-7733.
April 13, 2019