Lecture Series - Dr. Sandra Hartley
Dr. Sandra Hartley
TOPIC: "People Going Soft: The Hard Sell of Active Aging."
FREE PUBLIC LECTURE, ROOM D208, FEB 25, 7:30 PM
• Professor Emeritus in Gerontology, Kinesiology and Health
Psychology. (University of Alberta)
• Author of dozens of original scientific papers and advanced
the field on social and cognitive barriers to motivation for
active living and healthy aging
• Her two books on Exercise, Aging and Health (under the
name of Sandy O'Brien Cousins) culminated in Canada's first
national forum on Active Living and Older Adults in 1995.
• Represented Canada at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics in
• 2002 was a participant in the World Master's Games
(Melbourne) in cycling
• 2005 World Masters Games (Edmonton) captured one gold
and 2 silver medals in the 55+ women's age group in cycling.