Moodle is GPRC’s online learning management system. It is an optional resource that instructors may choose in order to provide supplemental access to course materials. Some of the more useful features of Moodle include:
- Continuous Online Access: Moodle can be accessed from anywhere there is an internet connection, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Gradebook: Instructors can enter grades for assignments as they are completed and students will immediately have the ability to view them, along with their running total for the course.
- Communication: GPRC’s Moodle implementation provides a number of different ways for students and instructors to communicate. Included are email, chat, forums, and group conferencing that includes audio, video, presentations and screen sharing abilities.
- Online Resources: Many instructors upload course resources that students will be able to access at any time.
- Activities: Moodle is not only a platform for providing information to students, it also includes a large number of interactive activities. Among these activities are self grading quizzes providing instantaneous feedback to students allowing them to see their marks just moments after submitting the exam. Wiki modules are available that will allow students to collaborate on projects. In fact, with the help of the Educational Technologies Centre, any nearly any activity that can be envisioned could be made into a resource accessible through Moodle.
GPRC’s Moodle installation is managed by the Library's Educational Technologies Centre. That management includes training sessions throughout the year, both formal group training and tailored one-to-one training, as well as technical support.
Moodle began life as a small project in Australia written by teachers, for teachers. It has since grown to include contributions by developers and institutions world wide. It is well supported and has help and resources available throughout the web.
For more information please contact the Educational Technologies Centre:
Technical Support: https://www.gprc.ab.ca/services/techsupport/students