Bobbi traded her job wrangling kids
on a school bus for a full-fledged career as an electrician. Now she's working and completing her trade at Grande Prairie Regional College. She's home every night, the pay is better, and now all she has to worry about wrangling are cables.
Electricians install, alter, repair and maintain electrical systems designed to provide heat, light, power, control, signal or fire alarms for all types of buildings, structures and premises.
Ideal for people who...
- Are great at communicating and reading
- Have an aptitude for math and mechanics
- Like to keep up to new developments in their careers
- Enjoy working on a variety of tasks
Potential career paths include:
- Individual contractor
- Residential Housing
- Commercial, Industrial, or Institutional