The Fall GPRC Zombie Run has been CANCELLED and postponed. Please check back in the future to see when this event will be making its way back to the GP Community.
Zombie Run is an exciting new challenge featuring everyone’s apocalyptic fantasy of Humans surviving the undead Zombie infestation! Zombie Run is a 5 km race where placing amongst the top finishers isn’t your only concern… but to stay alive as well!
Race Layout: GPRC Campus & Muskoseepi Park
Human Runners will travel from start to finish overcoming multiple obstacles and escaping the deadly clutches of Zombies. This race requires quick wit and even faster reflexes as you dodge Zombies trying to eat your brains… and by brains we mean they’ll be after your flags.
Click HERE to Sign Up for the Zombie Infestation
Want to help out and be a Volunteer instead?? Click HERE for possible responsibilities
Race Information - How It Works
Rules of Survival
Prior to the race you will receive 3 flags attached to your belt you’ll wear – flags are similar to those used in Flag Football – these are your Human lives so don’t waste them!
The goal is to finish the race with at least 1 life still attached to your belt. It is still a timed event, so try to give your best time result in addition to surviving the Zombie attack
If you lose all your flags, unfortunately you have been infected by Zombies and will now walk amongst the undead as one of their own. However, just because you are infected doesn’t mean you are out of the race. Still try to post your best race time!
You will find that working as a team with other individual humans, can be a valuable strategy in your attempt to escape the Zombie hordes that lie in front of you.
Be ready to sprint at the drop of a hat! While most Zombies move and react slowly, be weary of Chaser Zombies on the course. This type of zombie moves and reacts quicker than your regular Walker Zombies. You’ve been warned!
Human Runner Information
- Runners will at the Starting Line in ‘Waves’ of 10-15 people every 10 minutes from 11am – 1pm
- Must wear bibs on your torso in full view
- Once you lose a flag that’s it, you cannot pick up a discarded one on the ground or steal one from another runner’s belt. This will not be tolerated
- Highly recommended to show up at least 2 hours prior to the start to undergo the ‘Zombification’ process
- Aggressive physical contact with Runners is strictly prohibited – Zombies are only permitted to go after Runner’s Flags
- Your job is to chase the Humans, steal their flags and terrorize them
- You’ll be assigned to certain ‘Zombie Zones’ on the 5 km course where you will await the arrival of your Human prey
- Sprint after humans and don’t let them out of your Zone until you capture one (1) of their flags
- Walkers have slow movements but actually become part of the course itself. Their objectives are to stumble around the course while lunging and grabbing at runner’s flags. Walkers will be situated in narrowed parts of the course.
- Walkers must only walk, stumble, crawl, lunge after the Human runners, they cannot chase and pursue them for very long before moving onto another Human Prey!
SPECTATORS ARE FREE!!!
There is no need to register or pay if you would like to come spectate the event and have some laughs with the participants. You may be asked to sign a FOIP form so the GPRC Zombie Run can use any pictures or videos with you in them. This will be provided at the time of the event.
Spectators do NOT get in for free at the Infection Party. You will have to pay admission at the door.
Whether you got infected on the race, were already part of the undead, or managed to escape the clutches of the deadly Zombie infestation, it doesn’t matter… come celebrate together!
Every Human & Zombie participant will receive free admission to the Infection Party as part of their registration package. This party is held in Howlers Lounge and will include;
- a DJ
- a single prize draw
- access to food and alcoholic beverages through drink ticket purchase
- a fantastic time!