History of Student Wellness
GPRC Student Wellness believes in enhancing campus life by experiencing opportunities through healthy, active living, and promoting the overall well-being of the body & mind!
To enhance the lives of GPRC students through health and activity opportunities, highlighting the importance of maintaining all forms of human wellness while pursuing post-secondary education.
About the Program
At GPRC, we believe in a healthy body and a healthy mind, that is why the Student Wellness Program was created. As such, each GPRC credit student pays an administration fee for courses offered at both the Grande Prairie & Fairview Campuses. The intent of the Program is to allow students to learn lifelong skills in the area of well-being and good health and put them into practice. Students have the opportunity to develop these skills through free access to the GPRC Fitness Centre and Climbing Gym, as well as access to a variety of wellness programs, seminars, activities and special events. Options may include;
- Membership to the GPRC Fitness Centre Weight Room & Gymnasium
- Membership to the GPRC Climbing Gym
- Belay Certification Climbing Courses
- Subsidies in local GP league recreation fees
- Campus Recreation – INTRAMURAL Sport Activities
- BUBBLE SOCCER, ULTIMATE FRISBEE, DODGEBALL, VOLLEYBALL, BASKETBALL
- Yoga Classes
- Sculpt Fitness
- Spin Classes
- Nutrition Seminars & Resources
- Dance Courses
- Self-Defense Courses
- Martial Arts Courses
- Weight Room Orientations & Training Options
- And Much More!
With added growth each year, Student Wellness has many useful resources and networks that will be healthy alternatives for students, giving students a higher understanding of what it means to lead an active and healthy lifestyle and to find out more of what's going on in the world of Wellness.