Computer Lab General Rules and Conditions of Use
Individuals that are provided access to the GPRC computer lab resources assume the responsibility for their appropriate use. The College expects all such persons to use the facilities in an ethical and courteous manner. Any violations of the rules or conditions listed below may result in the loss of computer lab privileges.
- Sharing an account, providing passwords to another person, using another person's password, attempting to breach the security of another user's account, or depriving another user of access to the Colleges computer lab resources is not permitted.
- Accessing, copying, transporting (to another person or site), modifying, or destroying programs or system files, records, or data belonging to the College or another user without authorization, whether such data is in transit or storage is not permitted.
- Removal of any lab resources provided within the labs is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to: hardware, software, printers, scanners, equipment, or manuals.
- Utilizing the resources for non-academic or commercial purposes, initiating excessive downloads over the Internet or sending of anonymous e-mail is not permitted.
- Participating in unauthorized reproduction, storage, or distribution of copyright software or other materials (i.e. text, audio, graphics, video, web sites, written material) or illegally obtained software is not permitted.
- Accessing, displaying, or printing of any sexually explicit materials that may be considered offensive, obscene, or profane, or using the lab resources to harass, defame, abuse, or threaten others is not permitted.
- Participating in the behavior or activities that disturb other users or disrupt the operations of the lab is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to: physical activities such as roughhousing, loud music, talk or laughter, or using computer areas for socializing.
- Children accompanied by adults are not permitted to use the computers or occupy workstation areas. At no time are children to be left unattended. Children are only allowed in the labs if they are well behaved.
- No dogs or other animals are permitted access. The only exceptions are service dogs assisting users with a disability, that are well behaved and wearing a harness.
- Users must save their data files to a network home directory, floppy disk, burnable CD, or USB Flash drive. All other locations are cleared each time the computer is restarted.
- Always log off of the network when you are finished to protect your account from identity theft. If you forget to log off the network, Computing & Telecommunication Services cannot be held responsible for the protection of your account or data.
- If requested by an employee of Grande Prairie Regional College, your GPRC Student ID card must be produced.