Early Childhood Program Facilitator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
||County of Grande Prairie - LaGlace Playschool
||August 27th, 2014
||August 27th, 2014
Salary: $18.78 - $24.05/hour
Schedule: 2 half days/week (14 hours per week)
Position Type: Hourly, non-management
Closing Date: September 10, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is found
Family and Community Support Services is looking for an Early Childhood Facilitator for the 2014/15 school year in their LaGlace location. Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare materials and activities for daily operation of playschool program that reflect goals and objectives.
- Observe and record significant group and individual patterns of behavior.
- Evaluate individual childrens progress, classroom setting, program and parent involvement as deemed necessary.
- Have good knowledge of community resources and make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Work with community agencies when required to ensure program meets the needs of all children.
- Submit records and monthly reports to FCSS Director.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, staff development and seminars that would benefit the instructor, the children and/or the program.
- Provide positive role models to encourage or improve socialization amongst children
- Provide a comfortable, stimulating and nurturing environment
- Ensure that weather permitting, children have outside time
- Display materials that encourage children to use creativity
- Encourage parent involvement within the classroom setting as well as special events
- Minimum certification at Child Development Worker level
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to prepare materials and activities for daily programming
- Experience working with parent groups
- Reliable transportation
- Clean Criminal Record and Child Family Services checks
For further information please call 532-9727.
Please forward resumes to:
Kathleen Turner, FCSS Director
County of Grande Prairie
10001 84 Avenue
Clairmont, AB T0H 0W0