Sunday, September 14th, 2014
||Grande Prairie (LaGlace Landfill)
||August 14th, 2014
||August 14th, 2014
Scale Administrator -LaGlace Landfill (near Grande Prairie, AB)
Tervita is a leading North American environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns. More than 4,000 dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Scale Administrator at our La Glace Landfill which s located 50 km from Grande Prairie. The hours of work for this position will be 10am - 6pm Daily
Tuesday thru Saturday (40 hrs).
As a Scale Administrator you are responsible for assisting in maintaining the administrative functions f the Landfill. The key responsibility areas for this role involve office administration, customer service, financial and systems. The Scale Administrator is an essential part of the Landfill Services team and will be key in mentoring and modeling the Tervita values and principles with Tervita clients and employees.
With environmental waste treatment facilities operating in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, Tervita has become western Canada's leader in treatment, recovery, and disposal of petroleum by-products.
- Handle customer inquires regarding volume, invoices, and statements in a prompt and professional manner,
- Greet all visitors and direct inquiries to the appropriate person
- Support Field Marketing Representatives; rate letters, follow up letters
- Provide internal and external customers with required information (e.g. daily & monthly waste reports, statements, etc.)
- Provide notifications of landfill status, changed hours, etc. to appropriate customers
- Complete approvals for jobs coming in; fax approvals, code and ensure invoicing information is correct.
- Responsible for invoicing information, including customer, wastes, P.O.s, AFEs, volumes, truck tickets, and contract details
- Enter daily truck tickets
- Un-suspended tickets; confirm locations, enter AFE, PO or EDI coding, confirm invoice and mailing address
- Weigh trucks in and out
- Create daily landfill balance and complete cell depletion reports. Balance landfill daily and attach manifests with the complete landfill balance
- Calculate daily landfill revenue and compare to revenue estimates
- Contract maintenance and well maintenance - ensure that contracts in the system are up to date
- Learn QFAIM system and make recommendations for continuous improvement of QFAIM
- Help train operators to enter tickets correctly and offer support when needed
- Print manifests upon request and upon new arrivals
- Ensure office supplies are adequate; equipment is maintained; office is organized; clean and on budget
- Maintain up to date and accessible files
- Offer computer support for the landfill; communicate with IT on any computer issues
- Assist with maintaining trucker/contractor orientation list and database.
- Assist Administrator with invoices: generate, assemble and mail outl enter EDI invoices on website. Ensure invoice information is complete, accurate, and timely
- In Administrator absence ensure weekly R&E reports completed and emailed out; ensure timely and accurate delivery
- QFAIM functions
- Landfill balance functions
- Monthly R&E, landfill balance
- Administrative, receptionist experience preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- First Aid, CPR, H2S, WHMIS, TDG Certification
- Landfill experience would be an asset
- Alberta Landfill Certification would be an asset but is not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Oil and Gas industry experience would be considered an asset
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment
For more information or to apply online, please visit tervita.com