Health Information Management Professional
Sunday, September 14th, 2014
||Alberta Health Services
||August 14th, 2014
||August 14th, 2014
Requisition #: 299077
Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
The Access and Disclosure Specialist is responsible for managing and processing requests for health information from a variety of stakeholders including Alberta Health Services (AHS) Legal Services, AHS Quality Assurance/Clinical Safety Leader Programs, AHS Patient Concerns, Workers Compensation Board, Alberta Blue Cross, AHS Administration, Alberta Health and Wellness, Alberta Child and Family Services, Medical Examiner, AHS Security, Emergency Medical Services, patients and patients family members, etc. Manages and processes production orders, subpoenas, search warrants and court orders as issued by the judicial system.
Access & Disclosure Specialists must give full attention to detail and recognize the importance of adhering to legislative requirements including the Health Information Act, other related legislation and establish AHS standards, policies and procedures while working within a hybrid health record environment, this includes accessing health information in multiple formats - paper, electronic and microfilm. The individual must maintain a high standard of quality ensuring the correct information is released while giving attention to established turnaround times.
- CHIM with minimum 1-3 yrs recent AD experience within the last 5 yrs within a complex health care environment
- Proven demonstrated skills working directly with the public (i.e. Patient complaints, law enforcement, social services, judicial court services)
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze, problem solve and make discretionary decisions in compliance with provincial and federal legislation, AHS policy, AHS Legal and Privacy precedents etc
- Keen technical aptitude for information systems, computer applications, navigating between multiple electronic sources and identifying and generating responsive records (eDiscovery) in electronic format
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a high volume and ever changing work environment
- Keen attention to detail and comprehension of written materials (policies, guidelines, legislation, written requests etc.)
- Exemplary command of the English language
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively deal with the general public, legal community, AHS Management, internal AHS staff
- Highly skilled at remaining calm in stressful situations with a proven ability to deescalate the conflict
- Graduate of a recognized school for Health Information Management professionals mandatory.
- Certification by the Canadian College of Health Information Management is mandatory, within one year period from date of hire, including active CHIMA membership and maintenance of mandatory continuing professional education credits.
Please apply directly to our website.