Friday, September 5th, 2014
||August 5th, 2014
||August 5th, 2014
If you love learning and the satisfaction of helping others, you can build a rewarding career at The Home Depot.
We have got you covered, a total value benefits package is offered to all our permanent full time and part time associates plus their eligible dependents and spouses.
In school full-time? Ask about our tuition reimbursement program!
How to apply:
- Resume Drop-offs welcome at Customer Service Desk
- Apply Online at: www.homedepot.ca/jobs or
- By email with resume attached to email@example.com
Please Note: the position requires minimum availability of 20 hours/week for weekday evenings and all weekend.
In-Store Career Fair: Aug 6, 2014 between 4p-8p
External Job Fair: Aug 12 at Pomeroy Hotel 11633 100 Street, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 3Y2 from 10a-6p
Now hiring for: Sales Associates-Various Departments
Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Sales Associates have an emphasis on department and product knowledge, provide information on product features and are familiar with related items in order to sell an entire project. Associates in this position know how to find, inquire, respect, solve and thank every customer in their department and know how to provide basic service in adjacent departments. Sales Associates are focused on customer service and finding and solving customer needs.
- Actively seek out and offers a friendly greeting to customers in his/her designated department and throughout the store.
- Asking open ended questions about customers projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise. Be enthusiastic with the customer, when necessary, handle several customers at once
- Thanking customers for shopping at The Home Depot
- Answering questions about merchandise according to the customers’ level of expertise
- Escorting customers to appropriate merchandise, regardless of department
- Describing features and benefits of merchandise
- Explaining the steps needed to complete projects and the products needed
- Turning over customer to Sales Specialist when needed
- Resolving customer complaints or involves the appropriate manager to ensure customer satisfaction
- Executing daily stock maintenance: all products are signed, displayed, lit and clean
- Doing light shelf facing maintenance outside of store power hours
- Assisting with minor resets and cross merchandising as necessary (including wing stacks, chip clips, displays and ads)
- Ensuring that aisle end caps and counter promotions are clean, presentable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills