Welcome to the On-Campus Friendship Centre
The first and only of its kind in Canada, the On-Campus Friendship Centre is a partnership between GPRC and the Grande Prairie Friendship Centre. It was created to “support a smooth transition for students entering our community to become students of the college”.
We are located in B205, Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm while classes are in process.
The On-Campus Friendship Centre, is open to all students, and provides a warm, welcoming environment for students to connect with each other, meet faculty and staff or seek out existing college and community support to help adjust to college life and life in a new city. With regularly planned activities, there's always something going on!
The On-Campus Friendship Centre offers
- Computers & Internet access to assist with research and homework
- The Homework Club offers free tutoring for all students
- Telephone and fax access (rates are posted at the centre)
- Meeting room for staff and students, with conference table and white board. Can be booked directly through the Outreach Worker, 780.539.2092
- A place to visit, relax enjoy a coffee or bring your lunch - microwave and refrigerator available
- Potlucks every 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Regular activites - check out our calendar!
- Most affordable coffee on campus!