Security for Students at GPRC
Between the two campuses, we have seen a rapid growth in student enrollment and an increased demand for student housing. We would like to offer the following security awareness to students residing within the student dorms:
- Propping doors open is an invitation to strangers to enter the property and possibly commit a crime
- Do not lend your keys to strangers
- If you feel uncomfortable with unwanted persons in your suite, please ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, contact APP Campus security to have them escorted off the property
- Know the location of the "Blue Security Phone" outside the residence office and in Parking Lots F and G for Grande Prairie. Also note that for Fairview Campus, the Residential APP Security contact number is 780 835-9519
- Report any lost or stolen keys ASAP to residence office or to the APP Campus Security
- Do not leave any wallets, jewellery, cash, or anything of value out in the open and in plain view. Lock all valuables in a secure locker or safe box.
- Report any suspicious persons to Residences office or Campus Security. Also, enquire on their purpose for being there. Be sure to be confident and assertive
- If you hear anything out of the ordinary (e.g. screams, arguments, and domestic disputes), contact APP Campus Security right away. If warranted, also contact the RCMP at #911
- If you feel someone is following you, go back to your dorm, or to a place where others are present. If you need to get back to your residences from the main campus, All Peace Protection has the "Safe Walk Program". It is available 24 hours a day at the Grande Prairie Campus, and 24 hours a day on weekends and evenings at the Fairview Campus
- Stay away from unlit areas and areas which are not security patrolled regularly
- Do not open your residences to strangers
Being knowledgeable and alert is the best defense against crime and accidents.