July 1, 2018 - Please be advised that NBDC's period of reduced services has extended to July 31 to accommodate the ongoing construction and prepare for the opening of our new laboratory. During this time we will process samples only for a limited set of analyses (Nosema, Varroa, American Foulbrood, and European Foulbrood, and Chemical Analysis). Result turnaround times may vary during this period.
We will resume the full comprehensive set of diagnostic services soon. We thank you for your patience as we make this exciting transition!
Learn more about what we're doing to serve you better!
Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about this temporary change.
GPRC is growing!
The College is excited for its National Bee Diagnostic Centre building expansion project, which will merge our lab space with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's and help us collaborate more closely with our partners. The expansion project, funded by the provincial and federal governments, will triple our lab space and our diagnostic capacity.
Quick Facts: NBDC-TAC Expansion Project
- The College’s NBDC-TAC offers diagnostic services to beekeeping professionals from across Canada.
- The $6 million expansion is made possible by funding from the federal and provincial governments (via the Strategic Investment Fund).
- The new space will be shared between NBDC-TAC and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)’s bee production management program.
- Construction is expected to be complete in 2018.
- Lab space will increase to 865 square metres, roughly tripling its current size.
- The expansion will allow us to triple capacity from 20,000 diagnostics per year to around 60,000.