Education-Secondary Route, University Transfer
The Secondary Route at the University of Alberta requires that you develop a Major and Minor area of specialization. Admission to the University of Alberta into this route is based on your declared Major, as well as your overall course work. You are eligible to apply to the Faculty of Education for second year admission with 24 to 30 transfer credits or for third year admission with 60 transfer credits.
For the first two years (60 credits) of your program, it is recommended that you complete a minimum of 18 credits in your major and 9 to 15 credits of your minor, where possible. For a list of Majors and Minors available and the courses required there is a Bachelor of Education Secondary Program Worksheet available to you through the advisors in Student Services.
First and second year
- CS2020 or equivalent
- Junior English (6 credits)
- Major (minimum of 18 credits)
- Minor (9 to 15 credits)
It is strongly recommended that English and ED2510 be taken in first year.
Majors and Minors:
- Biological Sciences
- Business and Technology
- Career and Technology Studies
- English Language Arts
- English as a Second Language (Minor only)
- General Sciences
- Instructional Technology (Minor only)
- Music (the Minor in Music: Choral)
- Native Education (Minor only)
- Physical Education
- Physical Sciences
- Religious and Moral Education (Minor only)
- Second Languages
- Social Studies
- Special Education (Minor only)
Consult with an advisor regarding major and minor selection.