Associate of Science
The Associate of Science is intended to recognize the attainment of skills, attitudes, and behaviours critical to future success. Specifically, the Associate recognizes the completion of university level studies aimed at the achievement of three integrated goals: academic skills, personal management skills, and teamwork skills.
The Associate of Science does not guarantee admission to a university program or degree. Consequently, students pursuing a university degree will want to ensure that their course selections meet the transfer requirements to their chosen University degree program.
To qualify for the Associate of Science, a student will have successfully completed sixty credits of university-level courses with a minimum GPA of 1.7. GPRC will recognize and award the Associate of Science to students successfully completing the academic curriculum listed below while enrolled in university studies.
You may transfer credits from other institutions or accumulate credits by way of advanced standing or challenge procedures. However, in order to qualify for the Associate of Science, at least fifty percent of the requirements must normally be completed at GPRC.
When you successfully complete the curriculum listed, apply for the Associate of Science by submitting an Application Form to Student Services. Students eligible for the Associate of Science are welcomed and encouraged to attend Convocation.
- 6 credits Junior English
- 6 credits from courses offered within mathematics, statistics, computing science
- 6 credits from courses offered within chemistry, physics
- 6 credits from courses offered within biological sciences, earth and atmospheric sciences, science psychology
- 12 credits (maximum) of 1000-level science options
- 18 credits (minimum) of 2000-level and above science options
- 6 credits in arts or science options
*Normally, no one course will fulfill more than one requirement.