Office Management Diploma
This program will not be offered beginning Fall 2015.
The Office Management Diploma program is designed to prepare graduates for the ever-evolving career of the office administrator. This program will address both the technical skills required by office professionals, as well as the ability to manage the office environment, staff, and projects.
A unique feature of this program is the capstone course, OA2900 Integrated Projects, in which students will plan, execute, and evaluate a major project over the course of the semester.
This diploma program will prepare students for entry and mid-level administrative and supervisory positions. Graduates will have strong computer skills, broad office administrative skills, and planning skills, as well as stronger teamwork, leadership and 'people' skills. They will be prepared for employment as office and program coordinators, supervisors, and managers.
First year (30 credits)
- As per Office Administration Certificate curriculum
Second year (30 credits)
- BA1380 Organizational Behaviour I (3)
- BA2710 Customer Service (3)
- OA2081 Comprehensive Records Management (3)
- OA2270 Microsoft Excel Expert Level (3)
- OA2290 Microsoft Access Expert (3)
- OA2710 Office Management I (3)
- OA2720 Office Management II (3)
- OA2900 Integrated Projects (3) or OA2240 Work Experience (3)
- Approved Options (6)
- BA1090 Introduction to Marketing (3)
- BA1120 Principles of Accounting (3)
- BA2240 Human Resources Management (3)
- OA2230 Desktop Publishing (3)