Business Administration, (Accounting) Loading...
Start your journey in a small, friendly environment at GPRC, and stay to complete your Accounting Degree!
GPRC has launched a partnership with SAIT to provide students with the opportunity to complete a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with an Accounting major, face-to-face on our Grande Prairie Campus.
The Bachelor of Business Administration degrees at Alberta institutions are normally four years and 120 credits of appropriate course work. Students must normally complete all degree requirements within eight years, beginning with the year admission to the program was granted.
Degree granting institutions may not consider grades of D and D+ sufficient to award transfer credit. Institutions that accept grades of D or D+ for transfer courses may specify that those courses do not fulfill prerequisite requirements to senior courses.
- Complete 2 years (60 credits) earning a Business Administration Diploma with a major in Accounting at GPRC with a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA (67% or C+)
- Apply to SAIT to complete Years 3 and 4 of the BBA degree on campus at GPRC
- Full or part-time study
The Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting Major) is a post-diploma degree program preparing students for a successful career in the accounting industry. The program is designed to align with the requirements needed to enter the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Professional Education Program (PEP) programs.
It is important for students who are planning to complete the SAIT Collaborative to work closely with a faculty advisor during the completion of the Business Administration Diploma. Certain option courses within the Business Administration Diploma are required by SAIT. If the Business Administration Diploma is completed without these required courses, they will still be required for completion.
- ACCT3010 (AC4600 Principles of Auditing)
- ACCT3020 Personal and Corporate Taxation
- ACCT2030 (BA2620 Accounting Information Systems)
- PHIL1011 Critical Thinking
- ACCT4140 Internal Auditing and Controls
- ACCT4220 Advanced Management Accounting
- COMM3310 Presentations
- MNGT4070 Operations Management
- STAT4010 Research Methodologies
- Business Elective (BA2240 Human Resource Management)
- ACCT4020 Accounting Theory
- ACCT4410 Advanced Financial Accounting
- PHIL3010 Ethics
- MGMT2360 International Business
- MGMT4050 Strategic Management
- Accounting Elective - FNCE4120
- Accounting Elective - ACCT4130
- *Integrative Experience Electives (6 credits)
- *Senior Social Science or Humanities Elective
*Students should meet with a Business Advisor to discuss courses available.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting) opens doors to a wealth of opportunities in the field of accounting in both industry and public practice.
WHY GPRC BUSINESS?
Small class sizes taught by knowledgeable, friendly, and caring instructors are some of the hallmarks of a GPRC Business education.
A GPRC Business education is more than just a collection of courses. We prepare students to collaborate with others and apply cutting-edge business practices.
“SAIT is pleased to partner with GPRC to provide students in Grande Prairie with an innovative pathway to achieve a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, accounting major, through SAIT,” said Brad Donaldson, SAIT Vice President, Academic. “Working together, we will ensure students are career-ready when they graduate — equipped with the applied education experience, critical thinking skills, and industry relevant knowledge employers demand of future accountants.”