This is the scientific study of behaviour and mental processes. Students will explore the intricate relationship between environment, mind, and human activities.
Students planning on University of Calgary should transfer after one year and take ST1510 or PY2110 equivalence at the University of Calgary.
Those students considering a Psychology major at another institution other than the University of Alberta should consult with an Academic Advisor.
Students pursuing a psychology major must present Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2 in order to complete courses required in this program.
- Junior English (3 credits)
- Language other than English (6 credits) (if required) or Options (6 credits)
- Options (15 credits) second Junior English recommended
- ST1510 or PY2110
- Psychology options (6 credits), chosen from PY3752, PY3580 or PY3810
- Psychology options (6 credits), chosen from PY2230, PY4390, or PY3410
- One option chosen from Computing Science (CS), Math (MA) or Statistics (ST), not including ST1510
- Options (12 credits)