Early Learning and Child Care Diploma Loading...
The Diploma provides graduates with a greater variety of employment opportunities with young children and their families and more opportunity for advancement within the field of Early Learning and Child Care. Diploma graduates will be better prepared for administrative and supervisory positions within the field. They qualify for certification as a Child Development Supervisor through Alberta Children and Youth Services.
First year (36 credits)
- As per Early Learning and Child Care Certificate curriculum
Second year (32 credits)
- CD2020 Environments for Young Children (2)
- CD2030 Administering Early Learning and Child Care Programs (2)
- CD2045 Practicum III (4)
- CD2050 Science, Math and Social Knowledge (3)
- CD2080 Interpersonal Communication II (2)
- CD2110 Working With Families (3)
- CD2120 School Age Care and Development (3)
- CD2145 Practicum IV (6)
- CD2380 Guiding Children’s Behavior II (2)
- HS1217 Language and Literacy (2)
- HS2100 Individuals with Exceptionalities (3)