News Archives: 5GPRC – Administrative Strategy Launched
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020
5GPRC – Administrative Strategy Launched.
GRANDE PRAIRIE - Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) has announced the launch of the new five-year administrative strategic plan, designed to provide a clear path for the College to strengthen and expand its vision to become the northern centre of post-secondary excellence in Alberta.
Alberta’s post-secondary landscape is changing, and GPRC plans to build on the strengths of the College to deliver programming that is relevant, sustainable, and future-focused for students, and meets the needs of employers of the region and the province.
“This is a pivotal moment in GPRC’s history. Successful implementation of our priorities will result in the reshaping of GPRC as an institution of the future. Guided by this plan, the 5GPRC Administrative Strategy will enhance our effectiveness, and allow us to continue to lead a College that is more driven now than ever to meet the needs of our students, and support the economic and community growth in the region,” said Dr. Robert Murray, GPRC President and CEO.
Created with significant input from the GPRC community, this plan sets the course for the institution’s future and lays out five areas of focus for the College:
- Modernization and Efficiency: GPRC will be a resilient academic institution with a modern, lean, and agile business platform to support academic activities, and adapt to new economic realities.
- Academic Excellence and Degree-Granting: GPRC will sustain and increase academic excellence, become a degree-granting institution, and grow its trades and apprenticeship programming.
- Economic and Community Development: GPRC will align programming and educational objectives to meet regional and provincial economic needs, and build sustainable communities in the College’s stewardship region.
- Inclusion and Student Experience: GPRC will provide an unparalleled student experience for learners. The College will advance the indigenization of its programming, and expand its mental health and wellness supports to the GPRC community.
- Innovation and Partnership: GPRC will create a robust research and innovation ecosystem, expand research and applied research capacity, and leverage partnerships to enhance student and College opportunities.
Each priority was designed to:
- Reflect the mission and values of the College.
- Embrace a student-centric culture in the academy.
- Develop strategies to identify opportunities for growth, innovation, and partnerships.
- Maximize revenue options to facilitate an integrated approach to sustainability.
As the new administrative strategy is implemented, emphasis will be placed on quality, sustainability, relevance, innovation, and knowledge creation. The new 5GPRC website will keep our community informed, document the planning process, share stories of achievements, and provide a mechanism for ongoing input from the GPRC community.
Read the full 5GPRC Administrative Strategy.
Visit the 5GPRC website at gprc.me/5GPRC