News Archives: Registration Open for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Challenge (DEADLINE PASSED)
Registration is now CLOSED
Welcome to the College’s first Innovation and Entrepreneurship Challenge! This Challenge is open to full-time GPRC students from all trades and disciplines. Teams of students will compete with one another to generate solutions for real-world design problems posed by local businesses. Collaborating with one another and guided by faculty mentors, students will discover their potential by competing in this challenge. Successful students will earn cash prizes, build important skills, and make meaningful professional connections.
During the competition process, students will develop research and presentation skills, write a business report, get feedback from regional professionals, receive mentorship from GPRC faculty, and network with key people in the community.
How to Register
- Read the Participant Handbook in its entirety before submitting your registration form. Ensure that you meet all eligibility requirements before continuing.
- Access and complete the registration form here.
- Download your unofficial transcript here.
Browse the design problems to identify which problems you would like to work on. You will need to identify your primary areas of interest on the registration form, so take your time looking over the problems!
- Sandtinel Technologies: Engineering solution for moving heavy equipment
- Clean Haul Corporation: Web presence development and marketing materials
- National Bee Diagnostic Centre: Mite removal shaker tube design improvement
- Growing the North: Promotional video production
- ATB Entrepreneurship Centre: Market research and client filtering database
Two pre-challenge workshops will take place that interested students are strongly encouraged to attend. These workshops will allow participants to meet with the companies, learn more about the design problems, and build the skills they need to work on the project and to get ready for the challenge day.
September 21, 2018 from 2:00 - 3:35 p.m. at Grande Prairie campus (E303)
September 26, 2018 from 2:00 - 3:05 p.m. at Grande Priarie campus (E303)
Submit your completed registration form and unofficial transcript by email or in person to
E401-0, Grande Prairie Campus
Application Deadline: October 1, 2018