General Educational Development
If you have not completed the course requirements for a high school diploma, but require recognition
equivalent to a high school graduate for employment purposes, you may prepare to write the general
educational high school diploma equivalent exam.
GED exams are scheduled throughout the year, once a month from September to June. A study guide is available
in the college bookstore. Completion of the GED exam is not accepted for admission to college or university
programs. For an application form or a schedule of the exam dates, contact the Academic Upgrading Department
Application Process and Documents
Please see the documents below for a GED application and more information.
GED Information & Registration Package
GED Electronic Brochure
To better prepare you for the GED, we recommend the GED study guide called "Complete
Canadian GED Preparation" which is available at the GPRC Bookstore.
When you are ready to write the GED test please submit the following at least two weeks before the testing
- Completed Application Form
- A photocopy of one piece of Government issued photo identification - i.e. Driver's license or
- Completed Information Release Form
- Send all the above by either email, fax, mail or in person to the GED office, using the
contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Payment of $200 (Full Exam) or $60 per rewrite must accompany the above 3 documents, using one of these payment
methods mentioned below.
In Person at Student Services
For more information on upgrading, placment asessments or the GED, please contact: