Rules and Regulations
Please read carefully:
- Non refundable $20 registration fee per audition.
- Contestants may compete as single performers, as a duet, choir or a cappella group and must be considered amateurs.
- Auditions may be sung with or without background music on which no vocals are present, online a karaoke version of the song is acceptable. You may not sing with a CD on which the original artist's voice is present.
- Contestants will be 8 years of age or over.
- Cheques must be made payable to Grande Prairie Regional College.
- You may not be required to sing your full song during your audition.
- Not all registered contestants will perform in the semi-finals and/or grand finale.
- Musical instruments must be easily transportable. A piano may be available during auditions (confirm for auditions) and will be available for the semi-finals and grand finale.
- Judge/audience decision is final.
- Previous Peace Country Idol winners are not eligible to compete.
- Singers must perform different songs for the semi-final and the grande finale.
- Contestants submitting online registration:
Payment options are directly received by Grande Prairie Regional College via the Register Now! link.
- Online contestants will will be assessed with the same rules, procedures, and judging guidelines as live auditions.
- Contestants submitting online auditions must adhere to YouTube guidelines.
Please label your CD with your name and phone number.
I authorize Peace Country Idol to use my picture and contestant information for promotional purposes.