Facilitators for Change!
The Grande Prairie Be Fit For Life Centre offers education, training and resources to uncover the steps YOU need to take in developing a sustainable, realistic healthy lifestyle.
The Be Fit For Life Network is a provincial initiative comprised of nine regional centres, working in coordination to support a more physically active Alberta. The Network is supported by operational funding from the Recreation and Physical Activity Division of Alberta Culture and Tourism and by additional project grant funding from Alberta Sport Connection and Sport Canada. Each Centre is located within and works in partnership with a College or University across the province.
Vision: Albertans are knowledgable, confident, motivated and have the skills they need to engage in physical activity for life.
Mission: Work collectively to inspire, educate and support Albertans to lead healthy, physically active lifestyles.
Be Fit For Life Provincial Network Resources Online Store click here
Print a copy of the Facilitators For Change
- Personal Training - One on One or Group, Gym or Home
- Health & Fitness Profile; We'll evaluate your current health & fitness to design an effective program specific to you
- Program Design for Gym or Home; A Health & Fitness profile plus a 1 hr personal training session
- Fitness Assessment; See what your current health & fitness levels are
- Body Composition; We'll tell you how you are measuring up these days
- Senior Fit Test; Measures functional mobility for those aged 60 - 94
- Weight Check-ups; Come weigh-in to help keep you on track
- Weight Room Tours; Take the mystery out of how to
get started in the weight room
- Fit Quest; An 8 week Fitness Challenge to improve your fitness levels
- Fitness Classes are now being offered by GPRC Campus Wellness. Click here for direct link for information on Fitness Classes.
Health & Lifestyle Management Seminars / Workshops include these and more:
- Weight Management; A practical look at weight management
- Team Building; A great morale booster that allows people to see another side to their co-workers
- Health & Wellness; Includes goal setting, the 5 components of fitness, nutrition tips and myths
- Stress Management; Practical techniques to control stress that can be applied on a daily basis
- Motivation; Motivation techniques that will help keep the momentum going
- Nutrition on the GO; Our registered dietician helps guide you through the family meal planning maze
- Corporate Fitness Challenge; This fun 12 week challenge is designed to motivate your employees to meet their health and wellness goals
- Back Care; Learn the essentials of back safety that will help prevent injury and reduce back pain
- Lunch and Learns; Book your sessions over the lunch hour to encourage employee participation
- Yoga; improve flexibility, strength and posture
- Office Workouts; Let us show you how to incorporate fitness into your work day
- Intro to Boxing
Empower students through movement and move towards a healthy school commmunity! Move and Play through;
- Physical Literacy; Development of fundamental movement & sports skills
- Active Ate; Promotes a healthier lifestyle through nutrition education, behavioral change & physical activity
- Yoga Techniques for the Classroom; Incorporate the benefits of stretching and relaxation into the classroom
- B.A.S.E.C. Body; Basic fitness through Balance, Agility, Strength, Endurance and Core training
- Resistance Bands-Spiders & Shapes; Use resistance bands to get students moving, learning and having fun
- Fitness Classes & Assessments
- Staff Fitness & Wellness Programs; Lead by example with our staff fitness classes or incentive programs
For more information about us, contact: