FREE Physical Literacy 101 Community Workshop
Physical Literacy is the basis for all movement patterns and is critical to the development of active children. Children who are physical literate tend to be active throughout their lifespan. Physical Literacy encompasses the first 3 stages (Active Start, FUNdamentals, and Learn To Train) of the Canadian Sport For Life Long Term Athlete Development Model, these stages combined with elite sport and training help guide the individual to be Active For Life (which is the final stage of the model).
Canadian Sport For Life (CS4L) is a movement that strives to encompass a variety of sectors to encourage all Canadians to be physically active no matter what our abilities. As leaders it is important to fully understand Physical Literacy before we can incorporate it into our planning, daily programming and in staff training.
To help set the foundation for CS4L in Grande Prairie the Be Fit For Life Centre and City of Grande Prairie are hosting a FREE Physical Literacy 101 Community Workshop on March 18 from 6:00 to 8:30pm at Muskoseepi Park (Auditorium). Featuring Lea Norris from Canadian Sport for Life Community Connections, Sport4LifeCochrane and PLAY Alberta.
This workshop is essential for anyone in the health, education, sport, recreation, active living, coaching and early childhood sectors.
Please forward this invitation to anyone you think would benefit from this information especially any front line staff, program leaders, coaches or persons directly working with children.
Remember, this is the first step to learning about Physical Literacy. There will be opportunities for staff training and additional workshops in the future.
Please RSVP to me by March 11. Jodi Minton email: email@example.com
Look forward to meeting with you and finding new ways on how we can all make a difference in our community.
Facilitators for Change!
The Grande Prairie Be Fit For Life Centre offers education, training and resources to uncover the steps YOU need to take in developing a sustainable, realistic healthy lifestyle.
GPRC is one of nine College/Universities in Alberta to host a Be Fit For Life Centre. The Alberta Be Fit For Life Network strives to be leaders in enabling self – responsibility among Albertans to be physical active where they live, work and play. This partnership with GPRC and the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation has provided our region with a great resource centre for healthy living.
Each Be Fit For Life Centre develops local and regional partnerships, programs and services based on the needs and wants of their community and are funded by Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation via the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation.
Print a copy of the Facilitators For Change
- Personal Training - One on One or Group, Gym or Home
- Health & Fitness Profile; We'll evaluate your current health & fitness to design an effective program specific to you
- Program Design for Gym or Home; A Health & Fitness profile plus a 1 hr personal training session
- Fitness Assessment; See what your current health & fitness levels are
- Body Composition; We'll tell you how you are measuring up these days
- Senior Fit Test; Measures functional mobility for those aged 60 - 94
- Weight Check-ups; Come weigh-in to help keep you on track
- Weight Room Tours; Take the mystery out of how to
get started in the weight room
- Fit Quest; An 8 week Fitness Challenge to improve your fitness levels
- Physiotherapy; Assessment and treatment of acute and chronic pain conditions
- Massage Therapy
- Muscle Mix; focuses on muscle conditioning for a leaner, stronger body
- Body Sculpt; work your entire body using a variety of equipment and cardio
- Spin Mix; multi-level class, welcoming those new to exercise, with options for those seeking a more intense workout
- Zumba; an exhilarating, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party™
- Boot Camp; total body workout using a variety of equipment & body weight exercises
Health & Lifestyle Management Seminars / Workshops include these and more:
- Weight Management; A practical look at weight management
- Team Building; A great morale booster that allows people to see another side to their co-workers
- Health & Wellness; Includes goal setting, the 5 components of fitness, nutrition tips and myths
- Stress Management; Practical techniques to control stress that can be applied on a daily basis
- Motivation; Motivation techniques that will help keep the momentum going
- Nutrition on the GO; Our registered dietician helps guide you through the family meal planning maze
- Corporate Fitness Challenge; This fun 12 week challenge is designed to motivate your employees to meet their health and wellness goals
- Back Care; Learn the essentials of back safety that will help prevent injury and reduce back pain
- Lunch and Learns; Book your sessions over the lunch hour to encourage employee participation
- Yoga; improve flexibility, strength and posture
- Office Workouts; Let us show you how to incorporate fitness into your work day
- Intro to Boxing
Empower students through movement and move towards a healthy school commmunity! Move and Play through;
- Physical Literacy; Development of fundamental movement & sports skills
- Active Ate; Promotes a healthier lifestyle through nutrition education, behavioral change & physical activity
- Yoga Techniques for the Classroom; Incorporate the benefits of stretching and relaxation into the classroom
- B.A.S.E.C. Body; Basic fitness through Balance, Agility, Strength, Endurance and Core training
- Resistance Bands-Spiders & Shapes; Use resistance bands to get students moving, learning and having fun
- Fitness Classes & Assessments
- Staff Fitness & Wellness Programs; Lead by example with our staff fitness classes or incentive programs
For more information about us, contact: