OFFER: Get up to 2/3 of your employee training costs covered through the Canada Job Grant.
Training can be done online, on-site, and in the classroom. Classes can be part-time or full-time.
Apply now >>
Supervision Fundamentals Certificate
Supervision Fundamentals - Professional Development Certificate
Supervisors inhabit a critical position within an organization. Whether you are new to the supervisory role or have prior experience, this program will give you the skills in leadership, communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to improve your ability to oversee staff, manage priorities and solve problems. With the insights you’ll gain from this program, you’ll be able to influence employee engagement to impact efficiency, improve productivity and strengthen your organization’s bottom line.
Learning and Career Growth
These courses will help you:
- Identify your primary leadership style
- Identify various conflict behaviours in the workplace
- Make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems
- Describe a six-step model for handling conversations about difficult behaviour
- Describe the 12 difficult behaviors, their causes and motivations, and their consequences
- Outline best practices for handling difficult conversations
- Use time management and planning techniques to maximize your success
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent
- Recognize and work with the fundamentals of Appreciative Inquiry
- Develop the coaching and mentoring skills that help improve individual performance
- Inhabit the managerial mindset
Duration and Delivery
This certificate consists of 8 courses, approximately 3 - 15 hours in length, for a total of 70 instructional hours. All courses are offered in a self-paced online format.
Course fees range from $139 - $399 and the total cost to complete the full certificate is $1,972 based on the current course fees. Fees are listed with individual courses, and courses do not require any additional purchase of supplementary materials. Fees are subject to change
There are no admission requirements for this program. You can register for a course at any time. Courses can be taken in any order.
Courses may be taken individually, or complete all 8 required courses to obtain a Supervision Fundamentals professional development certificate. You must achieve an average test score of at least 70% in each self-paced online course to meet the minimum successful completion requirement. You will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Courses in the 'Supervision Fundamentals Certificate'