Wildlife Monitoring Certificate
The Wildlife Monitoring Certificate provides introductory qualifications to get you started as a wildlife monitor. As more and more remote industrial developments occur in the region so has the increased demand for monitoring. With the Wildlife Monitoring Certificate, you can acquire relevant wildlife skills and knowledge for potential use in remote mining, forestry, oil and gas, and LNG projects. Wildlife monitors are professionals responsible for maintaining the safety of crews working in wilderness environments and keeping them aware of the wildlife around them. A career in wildlife monitoring is not for the faint of heart. Participants must be physically fit and comfortable being around predators to succeed in this awesome career.
- Acquire a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)
- Conduct predator and bear awareness
- Examine predator lifecycles
- Assess wildlife hazards and wildlife risk
- Understand seasonality, avoidance, and mitigation tools
- Practice deterrent, firearms and procedures training
- Conduct ATV training and helicopter safety
- Examine plant ecology
- Understand health and safety
- Practice reporting, report writing and field communications
- Conduct handheld GPS use and field mapping
- Review legislation, policy, and roles and responsibilities
- Examine cultural resource management
- Complete Pipeline Construction Safety Training
- Conduct wildlife monitoring mentoring
This program is a brokered partnership with UNBC Continuing Studies.
COURSES COMING SOON!