Traditional Ecological Knowledge Certificate
Overall TK Course Objective: Understand and demonstrate how to collect traditional knowledge, and how to present the information through maps and reporting. Apply Methods and approaches to TEK and Cultural Resource Management (CRM) Research
- Understanding the basic theory of traditional knowledge: cultural importance, community engagement, valued ecological components, TEK and Environmental Assessments and Baseline Studies
- Qualitative Research, Acknowledging biases, Researcher as student
- Background Research: types, locations and applicability of resources
- Understanding Maps and Spatial Data
- Cultural Resource management
- Heritage Conservation Act
- Conducting Field Research
- Field Safety
- Field Techniques
This program is a brokered partnership with UNBC Continuing Studies.
COURSES COMING SOON!