Well Service Blowout Prevention (BOP01)
Learn about well service blowout prevention and the procedures for well killing operations on a service rig.
Service rig operators, service rig managers, wellsite supervisors, field foremen, production foremen and production engineers.
- Sources and magnitude of pressures
- Causes of kicks
- BOP equipment
- Kick warning signs
- Crew positions and duties
- Well shut-in procedures
- Well killing procedures
- Calculations and government regulations
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for five years.
You may attend this course up to three months in advance of the expiry of your certification, then upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate dated five years from the expiry of your old certificate.
Participants renewing their valid Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate for the first time after five years may challenge the exam.
- Participants may attend this course up to three months in advance of the expiry of their certification.
- Participants taking the course for the first time, or renewing an expired certificate will be required to attend the full four-day course, complete with the hands-on accumulator function test.
- CSA Approved hard hat
- CSA Approved seasonal footwear
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- Seasonal coveralls with reflective striping
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Government issued photo ID is required to write the exam
|Oct 19-22 2015
|Nov 16-19 2015
Includes manual and certification.
Enform requires 5 business days notice in order to cancel and receive a full refund. If cancelling with 5 business days, no refund will be given for this course.
† GST has been applied to the tuition on these items.