||Office of Enterprise Risk Management
||July 17th, 2014
||August 11th, 2014
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Risk, the Security Manager will provide expertise and direction for all College sites and will be responsible for providing expertise to the College community as it relates to the contracted security provider. You will be responsible for the development of the College’s Security Program while also being provided the advantage of learning opportunities and exposure to various areas of security and emergency response.
Two years’ post-secondary education in a related field and two years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous experience in the areas of: security, acting as liaison to a contracted security provider, electronic surveillance systems, card access systems, developing security standard operating procedures, emergency response, and communications or technology linked to security reporting systems is considered assets.
Additional Special Skills And Knowledge:
• Exceptional writing skills to develop a well written, user friendly Security Program that meets all legislation and regulations and the ability to go further and reflect best practices within the program.
• Ensure that, due to continuing growth of the College, the Security Program expands and reflects any new programs/sites/initiatives.
• Knowledge of all Federal and Provincial Acts relative to law enforcement, security, emergency planning and emergency communications, as well as modern techniques / methods related to responsibilities; ability to read codes / plans and conduct training exercises.
• The ability to educate GPRC students, faculty, staff at all levels of the organization as well as the contracted security provider, in order to implement the Security Program as endorsed by senior leadership.
• Demonstrated leadership, management and interpersonal skills with ability to use tact, diplomacy and judgment to work effectively with community and business leaders.
• Able to respond to emergencies afterhours.
This full-time position will commence as soon as possible. Grande Prairie Regional College offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package.
This competition will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Microsoft Word and PDF cover letters and resumes are accepted. Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your file.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants who are under consideration will be contacted.
Send your cover letter and resume to: