||March 5th, 2014
||March 6th, 2014
This casual appointment, working up to 30 hours/week, will commence as soon as possible to August 14, 2014. You will facilitate the operation of beehives to produce honey and related products such as pollen. Key activities will include:
- Build, repair or put together beehives. Treat and paint beehive parts to prevent wood rot.
- Prepare bees and equipment for pollination activities.
- Feed bees
- Replace queen bees, divide colonies when necessary and replace combs
- Be able to work long hours during active season, collecting and extracting honey.
- Able to withstand bee stings.
- Perform maintenance on equipment
A Beekeeping Technician certificate and one year related experience required. A combination of education and experience may be considered. A valid driverís license essential.
Salary range: $24.67 - $33.78 per hour + 11.2% vacation and statutory pay
Microsoft Word and PDF cover letters and resumes are accepted. Send email to: email@example.com and attach your file.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants who are under consideration will be contacted.
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Fairview College Campus - GPRC
PO Bag 3000, Fairview, AB, T0H 1L0
Fax Number: (780) 835-6790