Educational Laboratory Technologist
||November 12th, 2013
||January 7th, 2014
Maternity Leave Replacement To June 30, 2014
You will provide technical assistance and support to students, faculty and staff in the Animal Health department. This includes instructional assistance, maintenance and acquisition of materials and equipment required for instruction and general operations.
- Assist in small & large animal student laboratories which include, but are not limited to basic clinic procedures, hematology, microbiology, anesthesia, surgical assistance, parasitology, animal nursing and reception. Prepare setup and dismantle lab instruments and supplies.
- Maintain inventory and equipment for the Animal Health Program.
- Perform quality control procedures.
- Order supplies and expendable items and maintain related inventory records.
- Prepare procedure manuals.
- Assist instructors during instructional periods in the explanation and demonstration of laboratory instruments and procedures to students as required.
- Monitor student animal care and sanitation and dog walking duties.
- Manage and supervise students in mock clinic tasks and responsibilities.
- Involvement in promotional activities and other duties as required
- Animal Procurement and Animal Scheduling
Applicants must be registered or eligible to register with the AB.VMA and be an active member of the AAAHT. Directly related experience and computer literacy is a requirement. Preference will be given to those with large and small animal experience.
Send your completed application to:
Microsoft Word applications are also accepted.
Send email to: FVHRmailbox@gprc.ab.ca and attach your Word file.
Fairview College Campus - GPRC
PO Bag 3000, Fairview, AB T0H 1L0
FAX #: (780) 835-6790
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants who are under consideration will be contacted.