Friday, November 22nd, 2013 at 4:30pm
||Physical Education & Kinesiology
||November 5th, 2013
||November 5th, 2013
This full-time A.U.P.E. temporary position (maternity leave replacement from January, 2014 to February, 2015) is responsible for ensuring ample recreational opportunities exist for students at the Fairview Campus and the community as well. You will create and oversee recreational activities, programs and events for students and the community.
- Oversee planning, organization, budgeting, implementation, supervision and review of scheduled activities/events
- Gather student input/feedback to determine best activities/events to coordinate.
- Create a calendar of events of activities/events to meet recreational, entertainment and leisure time needs of students
- Liaise with instructors and other staff regarding student and community activities.
- Advertise and actively promote student activities/events
- Be available to work evening and weekend hours
- Hire, train and supervisor full time and part time staff, including preparing work schedules and staff manuals, coaching and terminating staff.
- Oversee the operations of the Fitness Centre and gymnasium.
- Assist in preparation of recreation and student activities budgets and monitor same.
- Reconcile membership database to general ledger revenue on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly summary of aquatic centre transactions for Finance Department and compile daily cash-out totals for Finance Department.
- Coordinate all aspects of Group Exercise classes.
- Research and make recommendations for purchase of equipment
- Develop and establish practices and procedures and assist in creating department policies.
- Promote and market the recreational facilities.
- Maintain membership database
- Schedule use of athletic facilities and preparation of gym for rentals/activities.
- Liaise with Facilities regarding major repairs and/or maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Prepare reports.
- Participate in student orientation sessions
- Organize Summer Camps
- Two year diploma in a related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years of experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Max Enterprise and Matador
- Strong communication, organizational and decision making skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Remuneration: $3742.00 - $5124.00 per month
Microsoft Word and PDF cover letters and resumes are accepted. Send email to: email@example.com and attach your file.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants who are under consideration will be contacted.
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Fairview College Campus - GPRC
PO Bag 3000, Fairview, AB, T0H 1L0
Fax Number: (780) 835-6790