Sponsorship Coordinator - Fee for Service
Thursday, February 7th, 2013 at 4:30pm
||January 14th, 2013
||February 8th, 2013
Fee for Service Position Description Sponsorship Coordinator – Community Relations
TERM: Contract position from February 28, 2013 – October 31, 2013 with opportunity for renewal annually.
COMPENSATION: Eight month contact at $2000/month with an additional performance bonus available. Based on approximately 10-12 hours week.
OVERVIEW: The Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for securing cash event sponsors and gifts in kind (prizes /silent /live auction items) for the Grande Prairie Regional College fundraising events: Classic and President’s Ball. These events are in their 26th year and are two of the Peace Region’s premiere special events. The annual fundraising events are hosted by Grande Prairie Regional College Alumni/Foundation and coordinated through the Department of Community Relations at GPRC. Funds raised support student life on campus. Working directly with the GPRC Development Coordinator and a committee of community volunteers, the Sponsorship Coordinator will be required to contact past and prospective sponsors and donors.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Immediate supervisor is the Alumni Development Manager. The Sponsorship Coordinator functionally reports to, and works directly with, the Development Coordinator and volunteer event chair.
• Work with the Development Coordinator and Event Chair to identify, contact and follow up with past and potential event sponsors and donors.
• Maintain detailed, accurate sponsor, donor and prospect records for financial reporting and receipting purposes.
• Work within the GPRC donor acknowledgment and prospect cultivation guidelines.
• A log of contact with sponsors and donors will be required and discussed on a weekly basis through meetings/phone contact with the Development Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Education and relevant experience in sales, public relations and fundraising is preferred
• Exceptional language skills, both oral and written
• The ability to handle multiple high priority activities simultaneously
• A high degree of interpersonal competency
• Computer literate and able to produce simple yet attractive word processed materials when needed. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite 2007 essential. Knowledge of databases preferred.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE TARGETS:
• Projected cash sponsorship revenue of approximately $60,000 per event
• Secure $40,000 in gifts in kind (prizes and auction items) per event
• Performance bonus of 5% will be paid for additional cash revenue after minimum target is achieved.
Send resume to:
Joanne Ballance, Alumni/Development Manager
10726-106 Ave. Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4C4
p) 780.539.2719 e) email@example.com