Temporary Grounds Winter Helpers
Monday, November 19th, 2012 at 4:30pm
||September 14th, 2012
||November 20th, 2012
GROUNDS WINTER HELPERS
Campus Operations requires Grounds Helpers to assist the Grounds Department in the areas of grounds maintenance, garbage removal, snow removal, sidewalk sweeping and sanding.
Service Calls, Work Orders and Preventative Maintenance
• Assist in shoveling snow from doorways on campus and at residence.
• Assisting in maintenance of walk ways and parking lots.
• Assist in picking garbage throughout the campus.
• Assist in sweeping and sanding sidewalks and entry ways.
• Assist in all regular grounds maintenance.
Assist Other Departmental Staff
• Provide back up for the other grounds staff when required.
• Assist the Housing Maintenance Worker.
• Assist the Maintenance Technicians with daily duties on the main campus.
• Assist with and lead event setups/takedowns.
• Assist Building Maintenance Staff
• Complete work orders and time cards with hours worked and costs related.
• Operate motorized equipment (gators, quads, trucks, bobcat, snow blower,
sander, small tractor).
• Other related duties as required.
Grade 12, and be able to shovel snow, operate snow blower and sweeper. Grounds maintenance experience and the ability to operate a bob cat would be an asset. The ideal candidates must be mature professionals, have a personable demeanor, and be self-starters who can work independently. We will provide training as well.
One full-time, temporary position (35 hours per week) will commence December 3, 2012, and end March 29, 2013.
Microsoft Word and PDF cover letters and resumes are accepted. Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your file.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants who are under consideration will be contacted.
Send your cover letter and resume to: