GPRC knows college can be a time of change, adjustment, and stress for students and we are here to offer help! GPRC has partnered with Morneau Shepell to bring its students the new Student Support Program (My SSP)! This exciting new program will serve as a support while juggling studies and personal life demands.
“My SSP is an important addition to GPRC’s student mental health supports. The various format options, the 24/7 availability, and the ability to tailor to individual needs is what makes this program special. Students can access professional support at a time, and in a format that works for them. I’m confident that use of this program will help build resiliency and wellness in our student body and college community,” said Dr. Katie Stabb, Registered Psychologist at GPRC.
My SSP is free to use and personal information is kept private. Students have unlimited access to articles, tools, resources, and dedicated My SSP Advisors/Counsellors that can help them succeed during their studies. All My SSP Advisors/Counsellors have a minimum of a Master’s degree in a counselling field, and are licenced to practice counselling.
My SSP Advisors/Counsellors can help with:
- Adapting to college life
- Frustration, concern, or uncertainty about any aspect of your life
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Stress related to procrastination and time management
- Maintaining balance between home, work, and school
- Being successful at school and post-graduation
- Relationships with friends and family
- Stress related to finances and juggling multiple responsibilities
- Being mentally healthy and much more!
Students may call or chat with My SSP Advisor/Counsellor at any time (24/7) to receive immediate support or to schedule an appointment.
There are many ways to access 24/7 support:
- Download the free ‘My SSP’ app from your device’s app store (available on Apple and Android devices) to call or chat with a My SSP Advisor/Counsellor
- Visit the website mystudentsupport.com to access articles, tools, and resources to help you succeed
- Dial 855.649.8641 to speak to a My SSP Advisor/Counsellor over the phone, 24/7!
This program is confidential within the limits of the law. No one will know you have reached out unless you choose to tell them.
Stay tuned for more information about the My SSP and reach out to Dr. Katie Stabb in Student Services (H103) if you have any questions or visit gprc.me/mentalhealth to learn more about the on-campus and community supports for students.