GPRC Wolves Cross Country Running Recruiting
X-country running is one of the five sports in which GPRC participates as part of the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC). The Wolves X-country team is open to any full-time GPRC student (GP or Fairview campus) who is academically eligible to compete in ACAC sports. Previous competitive running experience is not required to be part of the team. Any athlete willing to regularly attend workouts and participate in team activities will be given the opportunity to represent the College in meets.
1. To foster an appreciation for life long fitness through running and/or other endurance sports.
2. To develop athletic skills in cross country running.
3. To maintain a balance between schoolwork, athletics, and other commitments.
4. To achieve individual and team excellence through winning ACAC/CCAA medals and awards.
5. To have a whole pile of fun and laugh about it after the fact!
Any athlete who maintains a commitment to the team will be eligible to compete for the College in local races. For out-of-town races, we may need to limit the team to as few as 12 athletes (normally 6 men and 6 women) due to transportation and budget limitations. Normally, only athletes who attend the ACAC and CCAA Championships will be eligible for full athletic scholarships. Scholarships require a minimum of a 2.0 average in the previous semester. Athletes must be enrolled in at least an equivalent of 60% of a full workload (9/15 credits in most programs) and have a GPA of 1.5 in their previous semester to travel and compete.
XCountry Team Training Schedule