Steve Burgess Memorial Run
The GPRC Wolves X-Country running team is pleased to host the 2018 Steve Burgess Memorial cross-country running race. The race honours the memory of Steve Burgess, a true friend of the local running and cross-country skiing communities, who passed away in 2001.
We are proud to be a part of the 2018 New Balance XC series and to be Race #3 in the 2018 ACAC X-C Grand Prix Series.
New for 2018: This year, we will be running in Muskoseepi Park on the same course that will be used for the 2019 CCAA National XC Championships.
Race Date & Location
September 22, 2018
Muskoseepi Park, Grande Prairie AB
Starting near the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion, the course winds through Muskoseepi Park near the spillway and the skate park. The main loop is 2km with a 1 km cut-off.
- Start – 105 street and 108 Avenue
- Finish – Outside Ernie Radbourne Pavilion
- 8 km – 1 upper loop (red) + 3 full loops (purple) + 1 Start to Finish (blue)
- 6 km - 1 upper loop (red) + 2 full loops (purple) + 1 Start to Finish (blue)
- 3 km - 1 full loop (purple) + 1 Start to Finish (blue)
- 2 km - 1 upper loop (red) + 1 Start to Finish (blue)
Categories & Start times
||Elementary Boys and Girls (Grade 1 to 3 and Grade 4 to 6)
||Junior High Boys and Girls; Senior High Girls
||Senior High Boys; ACAC, Open, and Masters Women
||ACAC, Open and Masters Men
Cost & Registration
- $20 per Athlete
- $15 for Elementary Boys and Girls
- $10 per ACAC Athlete with a max of $100 per school - Coaches are extra
- $20 for registration on race day
Post Race Refreshments
Water, fruit and granola bars will be available post race.
Race Bib Pick Up
Race Bibs can be collected at the Muskoseepi Park Pavilion after 12:15 p.m. on race day
Results will be posted after the race in the pavilion and online.
Ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 in each category, and the Running Room has kindly donated gift cards for the top 3 in the Men’s 8 km and Women’s 6 km races.
For more information please contact