WHY PLAY FOR THE WOLVES?
The Wolves Volleyball Club strives to provide a high performance training environment that allows each athlete to reach their full potential. Our goal is to prepare athletes in both sport and life.
2017 Wolves Volleyball Club Handbook
We are offering some exciting new programs this year to enhance the development of our Wolves athletes and coaches:
2016 - 2017 TRYOUT DATES
CLUB TRYOUT FORM
Every year athletes must register and pay the Volleyball Alberta and the Volleyball Canada fee PRIOR to the first scheduled tryout in order to play for any club volleyball team in Alberta.
THE VOLLEYBALL ALBERTA ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE.
YOU MAY NOT HAVE AN ACCESS CODE UNDER THIS NEW REGISTRATION SYSTEM. CREATE A NEW PLAYER AND PARENT PROFILE BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED ON THE VOLLEYBALL ALBERTA WEBSITE.
- Go to the volleyballalberta.ca website
- Click on the REGISTER tab.
- Choose the MEMBERSHIP tab. (top left)
- Choose the 2017 YOUTH PLAYER REGISTRATION option.
- Sign in or Create a NEW PLAYER AND PARENT PROFILE.
- Choose the VOLLEYBALL ALBERTA 2016-2017 RECREATIONAL PLAYER option for any club volleyball tryout participation.
- Follow the remaining steps and pay the fee.
- Print the TRYOUT FORM found on this page.
- Complete the form including your 6 DIGIT ACCESS CODE NUMBER and bring the form to the first tryout.
- YOU MUST PRESENT A COMPLETED TRYOUT FORM TO THE GPRC REPRESENTATIVE BEFORE ENTERING THE GYM.
- ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO A TEAM PLEASE PROCEED TO ONLINE REGISTRATION AND REVIEW OUR IMPORTANT DATES INFORMATION.
1. Mandatory Club Parent meeting
Girls - Tuesday, December 13th @ 6:30 pm in the GPRC Cafeteria
Boys - Monday, December 19 @ 6:30pm in the GPRC Cafeteria
**Please read through the attached Wolves Volleyball Club Handbook
2. Sizing for Player Clothing Click here for link to online clothing store
Saturday December 17th & 18th from 10:00am – 3:00pm at GPRC in Room D308
3. Registration is now open for all the girl’s teams. Please note the DEADLINE to register is December 22nd @ 4:30pm.
4. GPRC offices will be closed Thurs., Dec. 22nd at 4:30 pm and reopening Tues., Jan. 3rd @ 8:30am.
How to Register
If you know your child’s student ID number, go to the Wolves Club Program website and follow the Online Registration link.
If you are unsure of your child’s ID number or are a first time registrant, please follow the registration guide below! Club registration and account creation must be done in your child's name.
1. Finding your child's student ID
If your child has ever
- Attended a Wolves summer camp
- Been a Wolves Club athlete
- Been involved in any other GPRC offerings (such as Daycare or Music lessons):
Please call 780-539-2816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain their student ID. Barb will have any returning athletes ID number. After obtaining your child's student ID number, you will have to request an account for him or her.
If your child has never attended a program offered by GPRC
Please create a new myGPRC account for your child by clicking here. (You will be redirected to Continuing Education - please follow the steps to create a new account from there!)
2. Log into your child's account
Now with your newly created account, please log in using your child's student ID number as the username and the temporary password that was emailed to you. These passwords often contain a lot of characters, so it is easiest to copy and paste this password back into the login. You will then be prompted to change your password.
3. Add club selections to your cart
After logging in, you will be redirected to the myGPRC homepage. Under "Continuing Education", please click on HERE to see the course selections. Click on "Find Course Sections" to see when the desired club is offered and add to your cart. Then click "Proceed to registration". You will be able to finalize and pay for the camps from there.
Still confused? Check out the Registration Process - Quick Reference Guide for more information. Any questions regarding registration, please call Barb Shmyr @ 780-539-2816.
JOIN OUR WOLVES COACHING TEAM!
We are always looking for qualified coaches that are passionate about the game of Volleyball.
Please email email@example.com with playing/coaching resume if you would like to be contacted about future coaching opportunites.